WITH Tuesday’s recovery of three lifeless bodies of victims of suspected bandits’ attacks on Southern Kaduna communities, the death toll in those attacks has risen to 51 officially.
Recall that 48 persons were killed as gunmen attacked Zango Kataf and Kaura local government areas in South Kaduna State within 24 hours of unrestricted bloody violence.
While eight persons were said to have been killed in Zango Kataf on Monday, 40 had earlier on Sunday evening lost their lives to gunmen in Kaura.
But the Kaduna State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in a statement on Tuesday released shortly after his official on-the-spot assessment of the scenes of the attacks, said three additional corpses were recovered by security agencies.
Aruwan added that the search and rescue operations were still in progress.
The statement was titled, ‘Three corpses recovered in Kaura, Zangon Kataf LGAs’, with its subtitle as ‘KDSG officials, security agencies visit injured victims in Jos, Kafanchan’.
The Commissioner said, “Following weekend’s attacks in Madamai and Kacecere villages of Kaura and Zangon Kataf local government areas, security agencies on Tuesday recovered three more corpses.
Meanwhile, top officials of the state government and senior security personnel drawn from the Military, Police and Department of State Services on Tuesday visited injured victims of last weekend’s attacks in Kaura and Zangon Kataf local government areas.
The delegation which was led by the Commissioner, Internal Security and Home Affairs, Aruwan, visited Jos, Plateau State as well as Kafanchan where some of the injured were receiving medical attention.