News

Couple burnt to ashes as fire engulfs Ilorin market

A couple were on Monday burnt to ashes in an early morning inferno that engulfed Alanamu Market Ilorin, Ilorin West Local Council of Kwara State. 

The unsuspecting couple were trapped inside their one room apartment adjoining the market during the incident.

The fire outbreak was suspected to be an electric power surge.

An eye witness said property worth millions of Naira were also destroyed in the fire that affected 11 shops before the arrival of men and officers of the state Fire Service. There are 90 shops in the market.

According to the witness, “there was no one in the market even the security guards on duty did not notice the fire outbreak on time.

“A passersby and motorcyclist was the one who saw the raging inferno and quickly put a call through to the state fire service to bring  the situation under control.”

Related Articles

Back to top button