Featured

100 Ekiti College students hospitalised after inhaling poisonous gas

At least 100 students of the College of Health and Technology, Ijero-Ekiti, were on Wednesday rushed to hospitals after inhailing a poisonous substance while writing an examination.

They were said to have passed out as soon as the poisonous substance, proceeding from a fumigation work around the school premises, diffused into the classrooms.

It was gathered that the fumigation was carried out by men of the Federal Fire Service in the state.

The development had triggered protest on Wednesday evening, which disrupted academic activities in the institution.

It was worse for some students who were asthmatic.

Students, who were enraged by the development, began a protest which immediately turned violent.

The State’s Commissioner for Health, Banji Filani, confirmed the incident.

He, however, said the situation had been brought under control and normalcy has returned to the school.

Related Articles

Back to top button